Senior iOS Developer
Glucode is a software Company that solves problems to create apps that people love. We provide a range of tailored services that help our clients create engaging and memorable mobile user experiences. We design, develop and deliver services predominantly for native mobile platforms.
We're perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for a better way.
We aspire to become the best software design and development Company in South Africa.
About The Role
Help design and maintain software applications. You will often speak with customers to gather user requests for different features to improve speed, performance and usability. Software developers also conduct system tests, troubleshoot customer issues and correct software defects.
Other duties include project documentation, creating customer software manuals and developing prototypes for new software technologies.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Objective-C/ Swift/ UIKit/ CoreData and other native iOS frameworks is required
- + 5 years native experience
- OOP: 3 - 5 years
- TDD: 3 - 5 years
- Experience using CocoaPods/SwiftPM is beneficial
- Experience in using App Store Connect is beneficial
- Experience in mentoring other developers is beneficial
- A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects
- Emotional intelligence, empathy and ability to establish trusting and strong relationships
- Ability to work in a self-driven, complex environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to think abstract
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Maintain and extend existing development activities
- Work with customers to determine project requirements
- Design software to fulfil customer requirements
- Develop software from requirements and specifications
- Find and repair software defects; unit testing, UI automation testing
- Mentor and help grow lesser experienced developers, and help grow the engineering team overall.
To learn more about our culture, go to our website (www.glucode.com) or follow our LinkedIn page
**(Part of the application process, write a short motivation of 150 words why we should consider your application)**